I really enjoy all of the seasons. But, my favorite has to be fall. It’s the season of sweaters, boots, soups, and squash. Acorn squash with sausage stuffing is the essence of all things fall. I love pushing my fork through the sausage stuffing into the acorn squash and getting it all in one bite. The acorn squash with sausage stuffing is such a beautiful meal.
I love making this recipe for guests because it’s so easy to put together but delicious. Even the kids LOVE it! But, best yet?! This recipe is 7 day bone broth cleanse friendly, paleo, keto, and whole 30 approved! Feel guilt free and satisfied with this delicious acorn squash with sausage stuffing.
Acorn Squash with Sausage Stuffing
Prep Time: 1o minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
4 medium acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds scooped out
2 lb pork sausage, casings removed, sugar free
2 medium yellow onions
2 Tbsp ghee
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 large honey crisp apple, cored and sliced into bite sized pieces
4 c fresh spinach
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F
- Drizzle olive oil over acorn squash and roast skin up for 35 minutes, or until the squash feels tender when pressed.
- Meanwhile, sautéed onions and garlic in ghee in large skillet. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add 1 tsp salt.
- Add sausage, breaking it up with the back of a large wooden spoon. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze pan by adding Osso Good bone broth to the skillet, and bring up any bits stuck to the pan with the large wooden spoon.
- Add the apple, rosemary, and thyme. Stir well. Add spinach, mixing as it wilts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour stuffing into cooked acorn squash. Increase temp to 425 degrees F and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!