The Almost Paleo Bone Broth Braised Pork Taco is a quick and easy meal to make during the week! You can braise the pork shoulder in the crock pot all day while at work, and there is minimal work when you get home. If you can believe it, they are even more delicious than they look! The only words coming out of my husband’s mouth as he ate were, “Oh my God” and “These are amazing”! I’m definitely adding the Bone Broth Braised Taco to my back pocket for a quick meal that’s OSSO GOOD!
Pat the pork shoulder dry and sprinkle salt and pepper all over. Then, apply the rub. Throw the chopped onion, garlic, orange juice, red pepper flakes, and Osso Good Bone Broth into the slow cooker and let sit for 6-8 hours.
Slice the sweet potatoes in a uniform width, about 1/4″. A mandolin makes this step simple. Put a small amount of coconut oil on each side and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 12 minutes in a 350 degree oven, flipping once.
Chop the red onion and green onion for topping. Shred the pork, and crisp the edges in a sautee pan. (Just crisp one side of the pork, don’t flip or stir, for the best texture and flavor.) Assemble the tacos, open faced.
Pat yourself on the back for a successful Bone Broth Braised Pork Taco, and a meal that is seriously amazing! SERIOUSLY!
RECIPE for Almost Paleo Bone Broth Braised Pork Tacos
5 lbs Pork Shoulder, grass fed
1 Medium Organic Onion, coarsely chopped
1 Jalapeno, chopped OR 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 1/4 Tbsp Celtic Sea Salt
1 tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
4 Cloves Garlic
1 Organic Orange, juiced
20 oz Osso Good Bone Broth
1 Tbsp Oregano, dried
2 tsp Cumin, ground
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Small Red Onion, minced
1 Green Onion, sliced
Cotija Cheese, crumbled
2 Large Organic Sweet Potatoes, sliced about 1/4″ thick
1. Rinse and dry pork shoulder, rub with salt and pepper.
2. Combine the rub ingredients then rub all over pork.
3. Place pork in a slow cooker (fat cap up), top with onion, jalapeno, garlic, squeezed orange juice, and Osso Good Bone Broth.
4. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 6 hours.
5. Slice Sweet Potatoes, about 1/4″ thick. Rub with coconut oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees, until just browned.
6. Chop the red and green onion. Set aside.
7. The meat should be tender and falling off the bone. Remove from the slow cooker and let cool slightly. Then shred the pork using two forks.
8. Skim off the fat from the juices remaining in the slow cooker and discard the fat. You can either reduce the remain juices, or leave as is to pour over the street tacos.
9. Place shredded pork in pan, crisping one side of meat. Careful to watch carefully so as not to overcook.
10. Assemble the Bone Broth Braised Pork Taco. Enjoy!